Saturday 31 December 2011

It's the party season!



Send a free ecard


I love this photo sent from the RSPB (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds). A lovely image of the deer gathering together. It is the party season. Today is Hogmanay here in Scotland. A time of celebration and gathering of friends and family. In many of our towns and cities folk gather in the centres to 'see in the New Year' as 'the bells' go at midnight. Gathering to say farewell to the old year and welcome in the new. 


As part of saying farewell to the old year it can be good to stop and look back. One tenet of Ignatian Spirituality is the of the Daily Examen. The Daily Examen is a technique of prayerful reflection on the events of the day in order to detect God’s presence and discern his direction for us.


Today, on the last day of the year, I'm going to take some time to 'Examen' my past year - to look back, to see where I have been and what I have done looking through God's eyes. Then I will be ready to see in the New Year as I gather with my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment